MoHFW has recently mandated a population based cancer screening in the country for three preventable cancers of oral, breast and that of uterine cervix, under the National NCD Control Program. Once implemented, cancer services will be available in all health facilities across all the states and Union territories of India. The exercise will be carried out by existing health care professionals. Thus, it is imperative that all health care providers are well versed with the national guidelines and screening modalities of cancer screening in the nation.
As per the Operational Framework for the Management of Common Cancers, screening of oral, breast and cervical cancers will be done at PHCs/ SHCs by staff nurses & ANMs. These will be confirmed by the medical officers at the PHCs and the screen positives will then be referred to higher facilities (CHCs/DHs) in the vicinity for further management and treatment. Thus, it is absolutely essential that all health care professional have thorough knowledge about screening, the guidelines for screening, the screening modalities and the procedures and techniques used for the same, as per the Operational Framework.
The training course will provide a basic understanding of cancer screening for three preventable cancers viz. oral, breast and the cervix. All the tests to screen for these three cancers will be dealt in great detail.
VIA test for cervical cancer will be discussed in-depth followed by its evaluation/ interpretation for effective management of screen positives.
Breast cancer screening and its modalities such as self breast examination (SBE) and clinical breast examination (CBE) and management of benign and malignant lesions of the breast will be taught, so that screening for breast cancer will eventually reduce the burden of breast cancer in India.
Employing oral visual examination (OVE) to screen for oral cancer to reduce its burden in our country, where smokeless tobacco use is almost 85% of the world, will be dealt with along with tobacco cessation/ counseling.
All Medical Officers (MBBS/ AYUSH) at various health facilities across India both in private and government sector.
The participant must be a graduate (MBBS or any of the AYUSH streams) and preferably be working at a private or public sector PHC, clinic, nursing home or any other health facility, where s/he'll be able to implement cancer-screening services at the community level or intends to offer these services in the future.
14 weeks (From May 08, 2019 to August 14, 2019, every Wednesdays from 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm) 1 hour every week.
All lessons will be imparted using the ECHO model using online web-conferencing tool of Zoom software, which is freely downloadable here
1. Didactics: 20-25 mins
2. Case presentations: 2-3 per session
3. Video demonstrations of procedures
4. Resource and reading materials will be shared before and/ or after sessions
5. Pre and post session quizzes
"Certificate of Completion" will be offered to all participants who fulfill the following criteria:
1) Attend atleast 10 (ten) sessions out of the total of 14 sessions.
2) Present atleast 1 (one) case during the course.
3) Score atleast 80% (in aggregate) in all quizes during the sessions.
4) It is mandatory for every participant to have participated in the pre and post evaluation survey of the course.
All the above criteria are necessary to be fulfilled in order to be eligible for the "Certificate of Completion"
1. Enhanced knowledge on oral, cervical and breast cancer screening
2. Clear cut understanding of the national guidelines to implement population based cancer screening and the rationale behind it.
3. Didactics on all topics
4. Video presentations of procedures/ techniques
5. Meet internationally and nationally renowned experts in the field of preventive oncology
6. Current research papers in the field
7. Certificate from ICMR-NICPR & NHSRC, our collaborators.
8. Free registration for any one hands-on workshop that NICPR conducts often
Rs. 1000 by NEFT (Preferred) Or DD in favor of "The Director", NICPR, payable at Noida
All payments to be made by fund transfer
Fund Transfer Details:
Account Name: Director, ICPO
Bank: State Bank of India (11486)
Account No: 32383700713
IFSC CODE: SBIN0011486
Kindly note we have a NO REFUND policy for cancellation. So, we request you to be certain before you enroll in our program. If in doubt please email us at email@example.com for clarification before you register.
The registration form, complete with payment transaction details may be submitted online.
Start date of the course: Wednesday, May 08, 2019 (Wednesdays 3:00 pm to 4:00 pm)
End date of the course: Wednesday, August 14, 2019
Registrations open on: Friday, April 05, 2019
Last date of registration: Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Only 30seats available on a first come, first serve basis.