- Recording demographic parameters.
- Anthropometric measurements which includes height, weight and BMI.
- General physical examination.
- Oral cancer screening: Oral visual examination.
- Tobacco cessation clinic.
- Breast cancer screening: Clinical Breast Examination and Self breast examination will be taught to every woman.
- Cervical cancer screening: Pap smear, VIA and HPV test by Hybrid capture 2.
- Symptomatic treatment
- Counseling regarding diet and risk factors of cancer
SPECIALITY CLINICS AT NICPR
- Breast clinic on every Friday in collaboration with Department of Surgery, AIIMS
Women who are diagnosed to have lumps/nipple discharge will undergo cytology and are subsequently followed up in the breast clinic by surgeons from AIIMS. Women, in whom surgery is indicated, are invited to attend surgery OPD at AIIMS and are operated without any delay or long waiting period.
- Oncology clinic on every Monday in collaboration with Department of Radiotherapy, AIIMS
Individuals diagnosed with frank cancers are seen by faculty of Radiotherapy department, AIIMS. Based on the type of cancer, they are called to attend respective OPDs at Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital, AIIMS.
PAP SMEAR SERVICES OFFERED TO VARIOUS OTHER INSTITUTES/HOSPITALS
- LNJP Hospital
- District Hospital, Sector 30, Noida
- All India Institute of Ayurveda, Sarita Vihar, Delhi
- Sai Sansthan, Sector 40, Noida
- Screening camps and awareness talks:
The Clinical division of the Institute extends the cancer screening facilities to the rural areas of Gautam Budh Nagar district by organizing screening camps at primary health centres (PHC) and community health centres (CHC) with the help of State Health authorities. Screening and awareness camps are also organized at CGHS clinics, ESI hospitals and nearby government institutions. Individuals attending the camps are screened for oral (visual examination), breast (clinical breast examination) and cervical cancer (Pap smear and VIA).
The evaluation of the screen positive women (Pap smear report ASCUS and above, Hr HPV positive and VIA positive) is done using colposcopy. If any abnormal lesion is detected on colposcopic examination, biopsy is taken. Further management of the woman is undertaken based on the histology report of the biopsy.
TREATMENT OF PRECANCEROUS LESIONS
‘Thermocoagulation’ or ‘Cold coagulation’ is the ablative procedure for treatment of Cervical Intraepithelial Neoplasia (CIN). Patients with all grades of CIN can be treated by Thermocoagulation. No anesthesia is required.
Cryotherapy is a simple and safe procedure that destroys the precancerous cells using compressed refrigerant gas like nitrous oxide or carbon dioxide to freeze the ectocervical tissue. No anesthesia is required.
The Clinical Division of NICPR organizes the Hand-on training programs in cancer screening.
- Training of State Master Trainers.
- AYUSH health care professionals.