The health promotion clinic was started in Feb 2014 at NICPR. It functions in the OPD rooms situated in the clinical oncology wing, ground floor.The timing of the clinic is from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm from Monday to Friday.
1. To screen for preventable cancers like oral, breast and cervix.
2. To evaluate the screen positive individuals for confirmation of precancer/cancer.
3. Referral of appropriate patients to the tertiary care centre who require further evaluation and treatment.
1. Recording demographic parameters.
2. Anthropometric measurements which includes height, weight and BMI.
3. General physical examination.
4. Oral examination with naked eye.
5. Breast examination of female patients.
6. Complete gynecological examination including Pap smear of women above 30 years.
7. Symptomatic treatment.
8. Counseling regarding diet and risk factors of cancer.
9. Referral of appropriate patients to the tertiary care centre who require further evaluation and treatment.
1. Breast clinic on every Friday in collaboration with Department of Surgery, AIIMS. Women who are diagnosed to have lumps/nipple discharge will undergo cytology at NICPR and are subsequently followed up in the breast clinic by surgeons from AIIMS. Women, in whom surgery is indicated, are invited to attend surgery OPD at AIIMS and are operated without any delay or long waiting period.
2. Oncology clinic on every Monday in collaboration with Department of Radiotherapy, AIIMS.
Last updated on 18 September, 2019