- Multidisciplinary high quality research in major cancers of the country with special reference to cancers of uterine cervix, breast and oral cavity.
- To promote clinico-epidemiological cancer research to determine social environmental and genetic factors underlying the high prevalence of these cancers in the country.
- Undertake research for the development of preventive and therapeutic approaches for prevention/diagnosis of cancer in community settings.
- Community intervention studies for major cancers through health system research with emphasis on primary and secondary prevention.
- Augment human resource development in various specialties of oncology through formal and informal training courses and related academic programs.
- To provide specialized diagnostic referral services
Last updated on 18 Sep, 2018